Bathroom Modifications for the Elderly or Disabled
As we age, tasks that were once simple become more complex.Eighty-seven percent of adults age 65+, say they want to stay in their own homes as they age . But, more than a third of seniors over the age of 65 slip and fall each year- eighty percent of those falls occur in the bathroom .
With some smart modifications, elderly residents can be safe and feel secure in every room of their house, and that includes the bathroom.
When thinking about how you can make your bathroom safe and accessible, it is good to incorporate “universal design” concepts which allow for easier accessibility for people of all ages, including aging loved ones.
Our Aging in Place Bathroom Modifications include:
- Ideal for all levels of mobility
- Flexible design to accommodate wheelchairs
Can't decide between a walk-in or roll-in shower? Read our guide!
- Can be enhanced with water jets
- Various colors available
Accessible sinks and toilets
- Remodeling for ADA compliance
- Height adjustments for maximum comfort
- Grab bar installation
- Adjustable lighting
Grab bars and accessories
- Easy and flexible installation
- Variety of grab bars available
- Variety of bathroom seats and benches available
At Accessibility Modifications Solutions, we recognize how easily falls can happen in the bathroom. We provide bathroom modifications for the elderly to make this space into a safer, easier-to-use part of your home.